So, where can you start an arrest warrant search in Washita County, OK? The answer to that question is not as straightforward as one would imagine. After all, it is choices galore when it comes to seeking crime history data. In fact, while just about every government agency can tell you about outstanding warrants and arrest records, for a well-rounded background report, you will need to approach the right agency, and here are your options:
The police: Cops are involved in criminal matters since they receive the complaint; over time, they procure Washita County active warrants and make arrests. So, they are bound to have an extensive amount of information on all criminal cases. Also, the police are held responsible for serving bench warrants which are primarily used by civil courts.
The county clerk: This agency keeps court dockets for all tribunals in the area’s judicial network. So, you can find details on criminal matters and civil cases from them. What’s more, is that they let you access their court dockets database without any interference. So, this is both a convenient and a free option to look for details on Washita County arrest warrants.
The magistrate: The sitting judge issues all legal orders based on the proof brought before the court by the police. So, you can find details on summons, warrants, subpoenas, and more from the magistrate’s court.
- The sheriff’s department: 400 N. McClary St, Cordell, Oklahoma 73632
- The magistrate’s court: 111 E Main St, Cordell, OK 73632
- The county clerk’s office: PO Box 380, Cordell, Oklahoma 73632
How do you request information on Washita County warrants and arrests over the phone? (As of 2021)
- For information on arrests and prisoners, get in touch with the Washita County Jail at (580) 832-2413.
- For arrest records and police reports (accident/incident), get in touch with the Washita County Sheriff’s Office at (580) 832-2334.
- For information about arrest warrants, get in touch with the judiciary at (580) 832-3226.
- For victim assistance, get in touch with the District Attorney’s Office at (580) 832-3144.
- For further information on submitting a request for a criminal background check, get in touch with the Clerk of Court’s Office at (580) 832-3836.
Crime statistics of Washita County
In 2019, the Sheriff’s Department of Washita County dealt with about 66 criminal complaints. Property offenses accounted for 52 of the complaints. There are 37 larceny-theft cases, 8 burglary cases, and 7 vehicle theft cases in this category. Around 12 instances of assault and 2 of rape were a part of the complaints filed against violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
Washita County, Oklahoma, has quite a low crime rate at less than 80 recorded incidents per annum. Yet, violent crime figures portray a concerning figure at 20% of the annual crime average. To add to the worries of the residents, there has been a rise of almost 60% in the incident rate of this crime category.