So, you are interested in a Pontotoc County, Oklahoma, warrant search? Have you tried the sheriff’s office? If not, at least two other government agencies can also help you find out about an active warrant against a person of your knowing. In fact, you will find that some judicial departments can offer more extensive information on the background of your subject than the police.
For instance, if you seek information on outstanding warrants from the magistrate’s office, you are also likely to find detail on any other legal instruments that were issued against the subject of your inquiry, including bench warrants, summons, and search orders. Similarly, you can also find case specifics from this agency.
Because the court of the magistrate is the judicial entity that has been entrusted the authority of issuing arrest warrants, you will find accurate details on all active warrants against a person and arrest orders which already resulted in his/her detention, along with reports on case convictions, incarceration and more.
You can also get data on active warrants issued in Pontotoc County from the county clerk’s office. This judicial department does not have an active role in releasing such detention decrees, nor does it assist in serving these orders. However, the clerk of court and his team are responsible for keeping the court dockets which are written accounts of what went on through the life of a case.
So, browsing through the court dockets database will get you details on all civil and criminal cases that a person is associated with or is involved in. To get these details, head to:
- The office of the sheriff: 100 W 13th St Ste 100, Ada, Oklahoma 74820
- The office of the magistrate: 120 W 13th St, Ada, OK 74820
- The office of the clerk of court: 100 West 13th, Ada, Oklahoma 74820
Will state agencies provide arrest records or information on warrants issued in Pontotoc County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- To find out about recent arrests, dial the Pontotoc County Jail Bookings phone number-(580) 332-5755.
- To obtain arrest records and incident reports, contact the Sheriff’s Office at (580) 332-4169.
- To conduct a warrant search, call the judiciary at (580) 332-8940.
- To receive details about victim’s assistance, contact the District Attorney’s Office at (580) 332-0341.
- To get information on how to begin a criminal case search, contact the Clerk of Court at (580) 332-5763.
Crime statistics of Pontotoc County
The Pontotoc Sheriff’s Office received 164 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to the 205 criminal instances of 2018. There were 143 property offenses and 21 violent crimes among them.
Around 64 larceny thefts, 65 burglaries, and 14 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Nearly 17 aggravated assaults and 4 rapes were included in the violent crimes category.
Older crime statistics
In Pontotoc County, OK, the police receive no less than 1100 criminal complaints every year. While most of these are cases of theft, almost 120 violent crimes also figure in this total figure. Since 1999, there has been a steady rise of almost 25% in violent and overall crime rates.