Looking for arrest warrants issued in Adair County, Oklahoma, does not always have to be a cumbersome task. In fact, if you know which agency to approach, you can save yourself a lot of trouble and time. Before you go in for a warrant search, it is crucial to understand what an active warrant is all about and how it moves through the state justice network.
An active warrant is issued when the police request the sitting magistrate of a criminal tribunal to release such an arrest order to facilitate the speedy and legal detention of an accused. Before such a petition is approved and a warrant is released, the judge will closely consider all the evidence against the person in question.
This has to be enough to ascertain the existence of probable cause against the individual. This can be defined as enough grounds for a person of sound mind to believe that the accused was indeed involved in the nefarious act detailed in the affidavit. Once this has been established, the arrest order, known as an active warrant from Adair County, OK, is handed over to the police.
All such detention decrees that cannot be executed are stored in the central FBI crime database as outstanding warrants from Adair County. Do not let the change in legal terminology fool you. An outstanding arrest order is as potent as a decree that has been recently issued.
Because a formal warrant hearing is held before the release of an arrest order, the magistrate’s court, the police, and the county clerk’s office get involved in the process. So, you can connect with any one of these agencies if you want to do a warrant search; their contact information is as follows:
- The office of the sheriff: 600 Paul Mead Dr, Stilwell, Oklahoma 74960
- The magistrate’s court: 220 W Division St, Stilwell, OK 74960
- The department of the clerk of court: PO Box 169, Stilwell, Oklahoma 74960
How do you obtain details pertaining to Adair County warrants and arrests? (Revised in 2021)
- To access the report of an event handled by the police (arrests and accidents), contact the Sheriff’s Office at 918-696-2106.
- For questions about active warrants, please contact the Associate District Court at 918-696-2356.
- To inquire about recent arrests made by Stillwell PD dial the agency’s phone number- 918-696-6194.
- For questions pertaining to victim services, compensation and rights, call the Victim Coordinator at 918-696-7150.
- To learn about criminal case court dates and criminal judicial records, contact the Court at 918-696-7633.
Crime statistics of Adair County
In 2019, the Adair County Sheriff’s Department dealt with approximately 200 criminal complaints. Around 160 of the complaints were for property crimes. There were 79 cases of larceny-theft, 59 incidents of burglary, and 21 cases of motor vehicle theft listed in the property crimes category. Allegations of aggravated assault resulted in the filing of 25 violent crime complaints.
Older crime statistics
Of the 400 criminal complaints filed in Adair County every year, approximately 12% are violent incidents; this despite a drop of over 50% in the annual average of such criminal activity. Overall, there has been an improvement in the county’s crime scene, with reported crime figures increasing at a mere 1% every year over the last decade.