Any legal altercation can lead to the issue of an active warrant in Craig County, Oklahoma, regardless of how trivial the matter is. Both the civil and criminal courts can issue such directives for custodial detention. However, there are several differences in the way in which these judicial instruments are handled.
Orders issued by a criminal tribunal are known as active warrants. Like in the case of search orders and other legal provisions used to handle cases against illicit acts, these are issued in response to a police complaint. The office of the sheriff files a petition for the issue of an active warrant in Craig County. In contrast, a bench warrant is issued without any involvement of the law enforcement agency.
Because both the sheriff’s office and the judiciary work hand in hand when it comes to the issue of arrest warrants. Several state departments maintain information on these judicial instruments. Fortunately, almost all of these agencies will be ready to undertake a Craig warrant search on your behalf if you file a request for such information.
The inquiry will have to be initiated formally by filling the requisite form and paying a small fee. Once this has been done, you will be provided with a detailed report of arrest records in the name of the subject and information on all active and outstanding warrants from Craig in his name. You can connect with these agencies by visiting their offices at:
- The police: 210 West Delaware Suite 101, Vinita, Oklahoma 74301
- The magistrate: 210 W Delaware Ave, Vinita, OK 74301
- The county clerk: PO Box 397, Vinita, Oklahoma 74301
Is it possible to get a hold of Craig County’s warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (At the time of writing, 2021)
- To inquire about recent arrests, call the Craig County Jail’s Main Office phone number-(918) 256-6466.
- To get information on arrests and warrants handled by Vinita PD, call them at (918) 256-6414.
- To seek details on active warrants, contact the judiciary at (918) 256-2577.
- To get victim/witness assistance, call the Craig County District Attorney’s Office – (918) 256-3320
- To request a case search, call the Clerk of Court- (918) 256-6451.
Crime statistics of Craig County
Around 105 cases of property crimes and 13 cases of violent crimes were investigated by Craig County Police in 2019. The annual crime average was 119 incidences, as compared to the 129 complaints recorded in 2018.
Nearly 5 cases of rape and 9 cases of serious assault were among the 13 violent crime cases. There were 45 burglaries, 48 larceny-theft reports, and 13 motor vehicle theft complaints among the 106 property crime incidents.
Older crime statistics
Of the 300 illicit acts that occur in Craig County, OK, every year, only about 30 are instances of violent crime. From 2001 through 2008, nearly 2000 thefts occurred in the area. In comparison, violent crimes like murder and rape had incident rates of just 4 and 11 cases, respectively. Through this duration, there was an increase of nearly 40% in violent and overall crime rates.