Once you launch an arrest warrant search in Jefferson County, OK, you will get to see the subject’s entire legal profile depending on how much effort you are willing to put into the task. For example, if you stick with the sheriff’s office, expect to find only details about arrests and active warrants.
On the other hand, if you were to go to the cops and the magistrate, you will not just find out about the Jefferson County outstanding warrants issued against the person in question but also other judicial directives such as summons, subpoenas, and bench warrants. In fact, this will give you a fair idea about the run-in that this individual has had with the law, whether it is the civil or the criminal branch of the judiciary.
Going to the clerk of the court’s office will be akin to taking things one step further because through this agency, you can get access to the court dockets database. So, you can find the public records kept by the agency, information on Jefferson County arrest records and warrants, and details on civil cases that were opened by or against the subject.
While talking about warrant searches, you should also consider the offerings of private agencies. These can get you details on arrest warrants from Jefferson County as well as the rest of the nation. The only glitch is that the results of such an inquiry procured from these sites cannot be used officially. The state agencies that offer inquiries on outstanding warrants work out of:
- The sheriff’s: 218 N Main St, Waurika, Oklahoma 73573
- The magistrate’s: 220 N Main St, Waurika, OK 73573
- The county clerk’s: 220 North Main Street, Room 302, Wavrika, Oklahoma 73573
Over the phone, how do you acquire information on Jefferson County warrants and arrests? (This page was last updated in 2021.)
- (580) 228-2374 – Contact the Jefferson County Jail to access prisoner records and for inmate searches.
- (580) 228-2375 – Contact the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office for arrest records, incident and accident reports
- (580) 228-2180 – Contact the trial court for details on bench warrants.
- (580) 228-2961 – Contact the Clerk of Court for a case search
- (580) 228-2707 – Contact the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office to get help for crime victims.
Crime statistics of Jefferson County
In 2019, around 30 crimes were reported in Jefferson County. Of these, nearly 20 were property crimes and around 10 were violent crimes.
Property crimes included nearly 6 larceny-theft cases and over 8 burglary complaints, among others. The violent crime total included approximately 9 instances of aggravated assault and 2 cases of rape.
Older crime statistics
Approximately 90 criminal acts are committed in Jefferson County, Oklahoma, every year. Of the cases filed with the police, approximately 25% are against crimes that are violent. So, annually, about 23 acts of violence such as murder, assault, and rape are reported in the area.